VR Beta 4 is live now. This update added:
- Native Oculus API support
- Cockpit item select using VR gaze (Map control 'Optional Adjust/Select Item' to select)
- VR shown during title/loading screens
- UI in pilot view with VR
- VR head position reset input
- Various minor VR bug fixes
A non-VR related update is the option to map L/R rudder inputs for setups that use two individual rudder pedals.
Things to come for VR include
- Mission planner menu's in VR
- Cinema mode UI item selection or mouse pointer control using VR gaze
An option similar to VR 'gaze to select' will be added to the Xbox gamepad controls (right thumb-stick to look and right thumb-stick button to select) and to TrackIR mode. It makes sense that if you can see the controls in the cockpit you should be able to interact with them rather than having to use the keyboard. This will give you control over gear, flaps, water injection, MFD's, up front control etc.